Tuesday

weather report

 

I can't believe it's been this long since I posted. I've been healthy and happy, just working a lot. Sometimes in the evenings I come over here and surf around reading your blogs, but don't get around to posting to my own, and I seldom even leave a comment these days. But I love reading your posts and seeing what you're up to. Okay, I'm a lurker at heart.

After growing up in Florida and in South Texas, no matter how long I'm here I still think of the end of February as Spring. The day after Christmas, the kids and I used to put away every Christmas item, while listening to Jimmy Buffett. The windows would be open, and I'd be thinking about what I wanted to plant that year. The last frost date there is February 28, even though many years we didn't have any freezes at all. Here...the last frost date is April 28, we often have a last, little snow in April. So here I am thinking, if I ran in and out covering and uncovering plants, perhaps I could sneak in a few annuals now. I don't think that would work when it's 2 degrees though. I'm thankful we do have beautiful weather in this part of the country (northeast Tennessee). I love it more than having the same weather most of the time that I've had before. It's been a typical winter week here, the low's been around 8, and the high in the mid 60's. Sunshine, snow, rain and hail. One day we had all of them within a few hours of each other.

I also have not been sick. I'm so pleased. I don't remember a winter I didn't have pneumonia at least once. I have some coughing which seems to hang out most of the time with asthma, but that's it.

2 comments:

  1. Lurcker!! Eek.You may lurk on my space all ya like, Just be prepared to cover your eyes or plug your ears!! Weather sounds nice in your neck of the woods. Enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use to call it blog snooping until I got the courage to actually write a blog!! LOL You can lurk, snoop here anytime. I love that you did post and that you are ok. Hugs, Pat

    ReplyDelete