Tuesday

adhdday


I published this yesterday, then deleted it, then made a change, and I'm republishing. It had two sentences in it that I decided were inappropriate for this context. But, in the few minutes that it was here, I got several comments and hate that I don't still have them. Is there anyway to get them back? I got 4 emails asking why I deleted the post, and I really think it was up there less than an hour. After listening and replying to them, I thought I'd throw it back up here, sans a little bit of it. Not that it's interesting, but just because I wrote it and that's the purpose of this for me. Just to put anything and everything that I want here. If I have things I want to write about that are more private, I might make another space. I don't think so though, my life's pretty much an open blog.

I thank everyone for their comments and feel free to repost.

Feb 23

Some days more than others my adhd is a problem. Today is one. I went to run errands with a friend, and I must have wandered off in stores a dozen times. At one time, she wanted me to help her with something, and a salesman was also helping us. He went to check on something, and I found myself reading the backs of TV tuner card boxes to see what would fit my laptop and how much they were. Then I remembered her and went back across the store and acted like I'd been there the whole time. Then she said something, and then I was playing Playstation 3, 3! that was set up and there was a Nascar game, and it did hold my attention until I noticed she was next to me to see if I could come back over and help her. I felt so bad. This is not just rude behavior, I wanted to help her, and I would not do anything rude to her, ever. I just don't know what happens. It is funny in a way I know, and usually my antics amuse me and those around me. But sometimes I really really try to behave, and I just can't.

I think later I'm going to write a little about add and adhd, it's a very important part of my life, influencing about everything, and SO many people have it and don't know it. It's a lot easier to handle when you know you have it, and you learn coping skills. AND, you learn to enjoy the great things about it!   Wanna Ride Bikes?  Jan

3 comments:

  1. I know exactly where you\'re coming from, Jan.  I have a brother who is ADHD, and he is here, then there, just everywhere, and into so many things and always got something else going on before he\'s finished with what\'s going on now.  Last week he showed up here and wanted Cleo to do some work on his truck.  Cleo opened up the garage and got everything ready, got his tools all out, and was getting ready to take the hood off when Dane suddenly decided he had to be someplace else and left!  He\'s so impulsive.  When he was growing up, when the phone rang, we were all like, what\'s Dane done now? It helps a lot when the people around you and those you are with know you and understand somewhat what\'s going on in your head.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My opinion is that sharing your experiences (so far as you are comfortable in doing so) is helpful to others.  Not only does it give a personalized explanation to the unaffected reader, but also may help some recognize enough symptoms to seek further evaluation.  Good for you!Peace, Doc

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol, poor thing.  I swear I can\'t remember if I posted a comment or not, but I think I may have. My mind is 100% disjointed today so all I can say is I just love ya. To me you make perfect sense and I always have a great and fun time with you. Don\'t change, you\'re great as you are :D

    ReplyDelete