Friday

Just Thinking about job stuff.


I've been doing some painting and light construction. I love to paint, but I'd like to get out of the physical stuff. I need a direction to go in. In which to go. Prepositions drive me nuts. I'm checking into getting a teaching certificate. I got a liberal arts BA in 1998, I might be able to get a teaching certificate fairly easily. Do I want to be a teacher? Can I be a teacher? What if I got stressed and went home? I did that on a couple of telemarketing jobs. (I hate to sit down, we had to ask permission to potty, and often the answer was no! Do I want to go back into Social Work? Do I want to have another computer tech job? I don't know. I just don't know.


I've read to do what you love, and the money will follow. I "like" to do a lot of things. I love to do a couple.  I love to read, read several books a week. I love to be at home. Not necessarily where I live now, but home in general, wherever it is at the moment. Hey, I love to eat and cook. So I could ummm...review cookbooks at home, yeah, they're gonna pay me for that, huh? I work on computers at home, and make some money from that, but not enough to live on. I don't think anyone will pay me to stay home and read and eat. lol.

Babies, I love babies. My ideal situation would be to find a guy raising 5 kids on his own and needs a stay at home mom for his kids.


I do well with people, people like me and like spending time with me. I like people, but get overwhelmed easily when I'm out. I have social anxiety, but am not shy. It's weird. So most of the time, I can have a people job, but sometimes I can't.  When I can't, I have panic attacks. I'm working on this, taking a course for it.

Things I'm thinking about doing/being:  Firedog at Circuit City; working in grocery store management; stocking at night for anywhere not too heavy (over 50 pounds); trying to start a tutoring business. Things I'm thinking about that take more education or training: teaching, librarian (master's degree, can't get right now), therapist (master's degree and tons of intern hours, not feasible, but it's what I was in school for to begin with).


Some Things I've done: Sorted by date:


Cookie hander outer in Kindergarten.

In charge of Play-Doh until I mentioned it was good and salty. (only job I was ever fired from)

Restaurant: Everything-management, cook, waitress.

Boat builder.

Publix Deli Manager

Meat, fish, and cashier at grocery stores.

Construction: Too much to list.

Landscaper, own business and worked for County in Florida.

Garden Center manager.

Day Care owner, teacher.

Social Work:  abused kids, domestic violence, counselor, taught parenting and life skills, ran support groups, case management.

Tech support for aol, msn, webtv, various companies.

Telemarketing, about 4 jobs, none which lasted more than a month.

A day at a box factory, put together boxes.

An hour at a Clorox factory.

A half day at a styrofoam factory.

Networking, tech support, and media and event audio/visual/tech support for Museum at Boeing.


1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you have lots of experience in a lot of different fields.  I like the Play-Doh one, that was cute!  LOL!  Good luck in making your decision.

    ReplyDelete