Wednesday

BIRTHDAY

I was so surprised to find so many birthday wishes when I signed on. Thank You All so very very much!

I was saving you all a piece of Chocolate Birthday Pie, but something....umm...well...it seems to be gone now. Maybe the puppies found it and ate it. Or....maybe, perhaps, possibly I might have accidently eaten it. Yum!


I went to my daughter's in Newport News for the weekend. I had not been in that part of the country before, so it was a big treat for me. What a beautiful drive and place NN is. My cousin Pat went, and even drove her truck. That was a great b'day present in itself! We drove north from Kingsport to Roanoke, over to Richmond and then down to Newport News. Not the most direct route, but the fastest according to Gabby, (her Garmin GPS). About a 6 hour drive. Friday was a beautiful day to travel, temps in the upper 60's, and sunny, more of the same on Saturday. Coming home last night, it was very windy and around 20. We stopped at an exit where all the power was off, everywhere, and we also passed a lot of brushfires. 


My daughter and her boyfriend and my grandson took really good care of us, and we were so comfortable and very well fed. My grandson, who is 11, shared his movies and video games with me. I watched Rattatouille, which I had not wanted to see...rats?? But it was very cute, and I liked the cooking parts. But no, I still don't want rats around. Living in Florida most of my life, I used to go to the beach on my birthday. It was nearly always around 45 degrees and dark and rainy. Saturday we went to the beach and it was perfect. 65, sunny, no wind. Gorgeous day.

Today though, I woke up with a sinus headache and sore throat, I hope it's just allergies or a plain ol' cold. 


Much Love To You All, I missed Spaces!  Jan

3 comments:

  1. WooHoooo, you\'re safe and sound!  The trip sounded great, Jan, and it\'s amazing that you were HERE!  Shoot, Newport News isn\'t all that far from me and in fact my oldest and dearest friend, Debbie, lives there.  It\'s funny, but I came within a hair of driving there this past weekend.  Ahhhh, so the cake is GONE -- well I\'ll be.  Guess I\'ll have to make one and eat it in your honor, lol.  You just missed the Tom Petty song Saving Grace that was playing for you on my space for your birthday, but at least it\'s still on my player so you can hear it any old time.
    Oh, you saw the brush fires, and all the power failures.  Yep, and it\'s still going on but contained now, thank goodness. That was scarey for a while. Now we\'re back to the low 30\'s and all that gorgeous weather has left. Well, it\'s only fair that winter shows her face sometimes.
    So glad you\'re back now and looking forward to all the good stuff you write :D   and Happy Birthday plus 3 days, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knew I smelled chocolate cake! I guess I got here a little too late. lol It sounds like you had a wonderful visit on your birthday! There\'s no better way to spend it either than with the love of family and friends. (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you had a wonderful trip for your birthday.  Wish I cold have gone with you or at least meet you there, NN is just a hop skip and jump from my orginial home.  glad you are back safe and sound. Have a wonderful rest of the week and my B-Day is Jan. 9th. , I usually don\'t tell people, but you were asking and I did not want to be rude. Love ya, Pat

    ReplyDelete