Sunday

Valentine's Day, Take Two

I had a good Valentine's Day. I stayed home, trying to get over a cold, by sleeping, eating chocolate and reading mystery novels. Yes, it worked quite well, thank you. I feel great today. I always think about love in general, and how fortunate I am to be such a loved person. I have so many people who love me, and I love myself, which is a big deal for me.

When my kids were growing up, every year I made home-made chocolate chip cookies and put them in little brown paper bags I decorated. I also made a white cake in a heart-shaped pan, with home-made chocolate mousse topping and fresh strawberries. Now my kids are grown and live in different places, and I'm often alone, but it brings back the best, warm feelings, to remember those Valentine Days. Happy Valentine's Day to everyone, and I hope you have an abundance of love in your lives.   Jan

5 comments:

  1. Hmmm choc-o-laaatte. lol Sorry had a dizzy spell there for a moment! Chocolate fumes! :pYou know I haven\'t bought any Valentine candy at all. I need to get to the store and grab some \'after holiday\' clearance specials. lol You\'re kids may be grown but you are by no means alone sweetie. (((hugs)) You have beautiful memories and I\'m sure you\'ve instilled those memories in your children\'s lives as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My Valentine\'s day was pretty much just another day, but it was nice.  When I remember Valentine\'s Day when my kids were small, I think of the scramble to get the valentine cards ready to take to school and making sure they all had their snacks and treats for their class parties.  Back then I never thought I\'d say this, but I do miss those days!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh That sounded so nice, I\'m glad you had a good day.  I had to work, did go and have a Valentine dinner with my daughter and her family.  After 44 years of Valentines Hubby & I  just go with the flow. LOL. The type of fish I catch at my camp is big and small mouth bass, some crappie, none that I would eat, not that there is anything wrong with them, I just don\'t like the taste of fresh water fish, after being raised on salt water?? Anyway, I just love the sport of sitting there with pole in water, drinking coffee and just being lazy. come some time and we will sit together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for your kind words... AND especially for passing on that cold cure.  I think I must force myself to take the sleeping/reading mysteries/chocolate medicine IMMEDIATELY!
    You are such a good mom.  The extent of my talents is buying a bag of kisses.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, Jan, I had to come back to read the Take Two after finally getting a grip after Take One, lol.  I just read Take One to someone over "voice" and I was crackin\' up again, and so were they.   Now this Take Two entry was sooooo darn sweet and nice, but now it\'s made me hungry. Arghh, what you\'ve done to me in the last 2 days!

    ReplyDelete