Tuesday

be careful today

I passed a car accident yesterday. It had obviously just happened, there were no emergency vehicles yet, but a lot of people had stopped to help. I called it in to 911, they said it had been called in and I saw the flashing lights coming. It upset me more than usual, because it had similarities to an accident I was in in October. I saw the small car smashed in, and a Ford Explorer with minor damage to it's front. In about a half an hour, I had to go back that way, and there were a lot of emergency vehicles still there. And, as I got closer, I could see, the coroner's van. I was so upset. I knew then that the person in the little car was dead.. My heart goes out to the family, I can't imagine what they are going through right now.

We just don't know when or how we will leave. We're coming home from work, or going to the grocery store, and it can happen. We're all well aware of the dangers in our everyday life. But most of us don't live like every single day is VERY important. Sometimes it's hard for me to find the balance, between worrying about what could happen, and my usual Pollyannish mindset of happy happy joy joy. I stay on the Pollyanna Pedestal as often as I can, so it's a real blow to fall off onto the cold hard concrete. I don't know if there is a good balance, or maybe this is the best balance for me. To live as if everything is wonderful, and joyous, but being aware that it's often not. I guess that's better than the other way around.

Well, hug everyone in sight, tell people you love them, think what are you going to do today to make a difference, and Be Careful Out There.     Jan


Accident:


2 comments:

  1. Thanks for being a freind, and here\'s your hug for today. Have a great Sun. and God watch over you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Jan how incredibly sad. I can imagine the memories that it brought back for you too. You see things like that and you think my gosh.. that could have easily been me or my friends or loved ones. We passed a truck today on the way home that had staleld on the road and the car in front of us just drove past him. We stopped and asked if he needed help. It was an older gentelmen and a small child in a very old pickup truck. He did have a cell phone though and was on the line with someone when we stopped. He said he lived a few miles up the road and he was fine. Another car was coming the other direction and seemed upset that we were in their way. I thought good grief people have a little respect!

    ReplyDelete