Friday

Temporary Employment Agency

On my resume, I'm going to put that I owned a temporary employment agency. I'm not going to put that I was my only client. The past few days I've been taking care of two neighbor kids. I've told the Mom for years if she'd go into rehab, I'd help her husband with the kids and all. So she finally did it last Tuesday, and might be there for another 30 days or so. I can't afford to not work, so the Dad's going to pay me, but don't know how much. I can still do some of my side jobs. So anyway, I haven't been on spaces much this week, drop in in the evenings and read a few blogs, leave a comment here and there, but I think about you all a lot. What's up with that? I thought a social network would feel quite detached, or I at least would feel quite detached, but you all are like real people. Go figure.

In school, in a couple of my classes, we had a class email group. It was part of our grade to participate and share opinions....some of us more strongly than others...  I loved doing that, but even though I saw these people in class twice a week, I didn't feel any ummm I don't know....friendship type stuff with them. Yep, I voiced my opinions loud enough to make A's. lol.

Weather's been like it's March. Warm in the 70's, cold in the upper 20's, windy, sunny, rainy, snowing, cloudy. You know, March in the mountains. Blooming: Redbuds, Dogwood, Bradford Pear trees, Daffodils, Hyacinth. Tulips are up but not in bloom yet. Oh, and the Forsythia, one of my favorites. Mountain Blue Birds are back, don't know where they go, but they come back in the spring, and even though there are cardinals all year long, there are two pairs who come in March every year. Seasonal ducks have gone north, we don't have a lot of different kinds in this specific area.

I came in from watching the kids and made chicken and corn in the microwave, poured a salad out of a bag, and grabbed a glass of water on my way through the kitchen. Plopped down in front of my computer and I just realized I haven't touched my food, and my baseball cap is still on. I need to breathe, lol, be back later.     Jan

5 comments:

  1. For heaven\'s sake, take off that cap and EAT, girl.  I swear, I have to watch you every second -- "don\'t make me come over there", LOL.
    I think the resume idea is absolutely you and super fine. Do it;  you\'ll get rave reviews for everything.
    Well....hmmmm, I see I have to set you straight on one tiny thing today.  Quoting you: "but you all are like real people. Go figure."
    What?? What?? I\'m REAL?  Omgggg, Guipetto, I\'m a real girl!  And all this time I honestly thought that I was just a computer that someone super glued hair and clothes to.  Yep, go figure, surprise, surprise.
     
    Hey, weather here has been fantastic all week, too...especially today.  Sunny all day and 81 degrees and no humidity. It was heaven and I spent most of it outdoors.  Well, tomorrow it goes back down to a high of 50, but we\'ll live, I\'m sure.  I went to Mom\'s today and saw all the forsythia in bloom, trees in bloom, and bulbs rising to the sky.  It was gorgeous.  Spring has sprung.
     
    I\'m going to ck with you and see if you want to shoot a little pool, but if you\'re not on, then I\'m going to watch a movie.
    XOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey I\'m with JennyD!  I may be a new addition around here but I was pretty sure that if I hit this keyboard hard enough trying to make something work on this contraption I FEEL PAIN, ain\'t that real enough. LOL!  Hope you don\'t run yourself ragged and what your doing for your neighbor is great, and since I believe good comes back around (eventually) you have some coming your way just hope it\'s soon. 
    Take Care,  Ken

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jan you make me smile girl. It\'s hard for the non-cyber-talking people in our world to understand just how much of a bond you can make with someone you\'ve never spoken with or seen in person. But some of my best friends in the world are the ones I\'ve made online. Love the resume *temp agency* idea ; )

    ReplyDelete
  4. such a nice thing your doing for your neighbour...Good karma....wow spring in the mountains sound so good you\'ll have to get some photos of your surroundings for us that live in brick citys lol....enjoy the kiddo\'s pookie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a good neighbor you are, but hey I know us Bloggies are good people , especially you. My mountains are similar to yours same type thing going on here, just wish it would get warmer and stay that way. Have A great week-end, Hugs, Pat

    ReplyDelete