Tuesday

So, nice weather, huh?

 

Good Afternoon,

It is quiet and peaceful here in my room, everyone is gone. These are my favorite times. I love to be by myself, and usually don't have the tv or music on, just like to have quiet. It's sunny outside, and 48. Yesterday was beautiful, it was sunny off and on all day, in between gray snow clouds. We had what I think was the hardest snow of the year, just pouring down, for hours. But very little stuck, because it's been in the 60's here and the ground is warm. I saw about a half hour from here at a higher elevation, everything was white, if I had known that at the time, I would have gone to get pics. I enjoyed being out running errands and shopping for Pat's Mom's 90th birthday in all the snow. Some cars had about 4 inches on the tops, more on ones that had been parked for hours. Weird, but normal March weather here. It's going to be 70 on Thursday they say. Last April, and a lot of April's, we have snow after sunny days in the 80's. I love the changing weather here. After growing up in south Texas and the coast of Florida, I have no desire to live where it's hot over 8-9 months of the year. I like a change, would like a lot more snow though. I spent a fall and winter in South Bend, IN, an hour out of Chicago, and not far from Lake Michigan. I quickly learned what "lake-effect snow" was, because you hear it every day. It's too cold there, cold from mid Sept. though April at least. Maybe somewhere in between would be good. I'm thinking a higher elevation in this area, maybe North Carolina, which is only about a half hour from here. Or further north in Virginia. Here is good though. Very good. Okay, I thought if I started writing, I'd think of something I wanted to write about, but I guess not. I should have a Seinfeld blog. A lot about nothing. But funny. I love Seinfeld. Still.          okbye   jan

8 comments:

  1. Don\'t you just love the down time? Its my favorite.  Our weather is about like yours. Pretty sunshine, but a little chill in the air. Can\'t wait for Spring, need to get out in yard and dig in the dirt!  Love to work on yard and flower beds. How about you?  Have A great Day my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, George, I hear ya    LOL.  Hey, I agree about those nice, extra quiet days, I love them.  Give me time to think (in order, instead of jumping from one thing to another), read a book, watch a movie, just sit and stare outside, take a walk, or do what I\'m doing right this minute, TYPE.   Lately here, you never know from one day to the next what the weather will really be.  It\'s crazy; freezing one day and warm enough for shorts the next.  But trees are beginning to bloom and that\'s fabulous.
    Love ya, sweetie     xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds like a suitably restful afternoon. Well in contrast to your interesting weather, in gloomy hampshire uk we have cold winds and grey skies. We had a tiny flutter of snowflakes on saturday but it didn\'t lay, my youngest boy was rushing to get dressed in order to try and catch the flakes. Didn\'t make it in time I\'m afraid, poor little man. Have a great evening luv Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lucky you!  My kid\'s on spring break.  I work out of my house.  It\'s too cold for him to play outside.  Soooooooooo, wassat say about how my past 2 days have gone.  Now he\'s hollering at me from the other room to play wii with him, and that I have 2 minutes. LOL.  Kid kills me.  No, really, he kills me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you don\'t mind an intrusion from the other side of the fence, it\'s about the best time of the year here in Florida with the cool breezes and the bright sunshine to bring in late afternoon warmth.  Lately I have missed the quite time you were able to enjoy just too many brands in the fire, when I do get them though I really enjoy my low (almost background) easy listening music and the time to sit and draw.  Hope the rest of this month treats you the same giving equal amounts of pleasure that is. 
     
    Take Care,  Ken

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know about the Lake Effect, having grown up in a tiny Indiana town on the very Southern fringes of Lake Michigan\'s.  There were days that I would decide to go out the back door, only to find that the snow had drifted against it to a point above my head.  I think there is a beneficial part of the Lake Effect that protects the area within about a 50 mile radius of Chicago (more toward the SouthWest) from other forms of violent weather.  I just don\'t like weather that can kill me.
     
    Peace, Doc

    ReplyDelete
  7. I\'m like you.  I love to be by myself.  When I\'m alone, I don\'t listen to music or have the TV on (unless I\'m watching it.)  I love the peace and quiet and silence.  Solitude is good therapy for me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am crazy jealous of your quiet room.  The odds of being left alone here in an empty house are about equal to the chances I will win the lottery... considering I have never bought a ticket. 
    We got snow today.  After a couple days close to 70.  That kind of thing can go on here into MAY... and yes, the lake effect, too.  I am good with it.  Late snow means lots of water for the summer.  And snow skiing until July.
    Hope you have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete