Sunday

ADD/ADHD Stuff

I was going to post about ADD/ADHD, and started looking at my ADD articles, and well, I found some humorous stuff, but most of it's not really that humorous to me, I read these and usually just think hmmmm...yep yep yep while nodding my head. Yes, that was 3 yeps.

So, when I found the You Know You Have ADD when... thingys, I thought of these things that have happened to me, today...so far...


I took two purses out today because I didn’t know what was in which one.

I often open the microwave to put in a frozen dinner and there’s a used-to-be-frozen dinner in there from 2 hours ago.

You can spot a lot of us by the coffee cups on top of our cars.

Here’s some “You know you have ADD when…” taken from various, umm, okay, I don’t remember which sites, I’ve just collected them. The first one, I actually wrote something similar a couple of days ago, because it was true!


You know you have ADD when...you give in to the fact that you can't stand doing the same job for more than 6 months and become a "career temp" (5 yrs & counting...)

You know you have ADD when...you literally can create 4 - 5 valid resumes reflecting your work history for the past 20 years, and no two are in the same field!

You know you have ADD when...you ask someone the same question 6 times and can't remember anything but how funny they would look with a cow bell on their neck!

You know you have ADD when...you start to clean out a closet and eight hours later it is more disorganized than when you began.

I've cleaned up my room so well I couldn't get to the door to get out. Many times.

You know you have ADD when...you are channel-surfing on TV, with an open book on your lap that you are highlighting in two colors while listening to music, playing with the cat and talking on the phone, when your partner enters the room to ask a question and you get annoyed at the interruption!

You know you have ADD when...You have 3000 bookmarks in your browser.

You know you have ADD when...you have more and better toys than most children.

You know you have ADD when...your mother clips Calvin and Hobbes cartoons to fill in the gaps of your childhood album

You know you have ADD when...You know you are a professional with ADD when you go to the supply room 6 times for a paper clip and never get it. (although you have brought everything else back, and have gone through the office refrigerator 5 times)

You know you have ADD when...you can talk to someone for 15 minutes and not remember what the other person said, let alone what you said.

You know you have ADD when...you change your order at a restaurant once for every other person in your party as they order, since what each person is ordering sounds really good at the moment. Wait-staff hate you. Then you always want to taste something off another person's plate, an


You know you have ADD when...you dart around in traffic to avoid being behind a tall vehicle that blocks your view, then at the mall you do the same thing in crowds of people.




2 comments:

  1. As a fellow ADD-er, I love this blog! 
     
    This is so me -------> "You know you have ADD when...you ask someone the same question 6 times and can\'t remember anything but how funny they would look with a cow bell on their neck! "  LMFAO!
     
    Hope you\'re enjoying your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey I ressemble some of those....I think. What was I talking about? Oh yeah the cowbell in the fridge next to the paperclips wasn\'t it? Oh geez....you have a great week while I try and sort this out.

    ReplyDelete