Sunday

EASTER CUPCAKES AND PUPPIES


 

HAPPY HAPPY EASTER TO YOU!

I made cupcakes last night. It was about 9pm when I took some to my aunt. This morning, I took some to a couple of my neighbors. Sometimes the smallest things bring so much joy to others. My aunt and one of the neighbors live by themselves. They both were so happy they cried! Over cupcakes! I'm going to make sure I do more things for them. Having people bring cupcakes should be such a common occurrence that no one should be that surprised and touched by the kindness. I want to find ways to give a little more to others. And I don't mean this in a selfish way, but it makes me feel better than it does them, I'm sure. I also get a blessing out of doing things for others, I hope I remember that more often.

Hey, who else made Easter Cupcakes? What kind? I used a cake mix, made Chocolate Fudge ones and French Vanilla ones. But I made buttercream frosting for them, and colored some of it. Okay, that's really why I did any of this, so I'd have an excuse to use food coloring. And I have the same effect going on as if I had colored eggs. My fingers are still all different colors. And the countertops. And a couple of blue spots on the floor. And remember the white puppies??

Jan

7 comments:

  1. mmmmmmmmmm, they look good!  Happy Easter, Jan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So just how spotted are the puppies? :-o  Glad your sharing was turned around, you shared fun and received joy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. those look yummy!!!!
     
    do we get to see pictures of the easter puppies?  *grin*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful.  Sometimes the things we believe are "little things" may be exactly what another needs and which will please them beyond our belief.  As for the puppies, you could tell people that they may be a dalmation mix until the color wears off.  Glad that you had a happy Easter.Peace, Doc

    ReplyDelete
  5. Indeed "little things" is what we most miss in this world (where only marketing counts ...)
    ... a smile on a face, a nice Easter cake (but without coloring for me pls), a kind word to or from a neighbor...
    I wish you (and all my MSN Live Friends as well) a wonderful week-end and a lot of joy and happiness.Hugs from Belgium.

    ReplyDelete
  6. we make biscuits/cookies in our house the kiddos love cut out angels,dinosaurs and spacemen then ice them and loads of sprinkles took some to Carol&bob our elderly neighbours not sure if they eat them....but my little men love giving......while scoffing the rest lol Have a great Easter holiday xx pookie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh YUMMMMMMM!   Ok, next time we play pool, we play for stakes of cupcakes!  Jan, as soon as I saw the pics, I thought, "yep, Jan\'s colors",  lol, but the puppies!  Omg, I was laughing so hard.  Priceless.
    <MUAH>

    ReplyDelete