Sunday

Candidate Choice

 

Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this work are solely those of the author at this point in time, and may or may not be valid at a later date or a later hour. All material here is not claimed to be statistically nor even rationally true.

I don't know what I think about the presidential candidates. And I know I'm not alone. This is the first time I truly do not know who I want to win the Democratic nomination. At this point, it has to do with the vice-presidential running mate, which I don't know yet.

I worry that Clinton is not strong enough to handle the presidency, although of course there are so many support staff, she'd probably be fine. I liked Bill Clinton a lot, so I'm hoping there's reason behind me believing some of those same principles would be the same or similar.

I worry that Obama doesn't have the experience needed to handle a job of that magnitude. Being in the Legislature certainly doesn't necessarily qualify you for presidency. And just pure instinct...I don't know, I just don't trust him. No particular reason, and my instincts are often wrong, and would not prevent me from voting for him if he in any way showed himself to be qualified.

On the other side, I do think McCain has the experience and intelligence to be a good president. But, I don't agree with him on hardly any issues, so I can't vote for him.

And no, gender and race don't have anything to do with anything I've said. I won't hold being a white male against McCain, no matter how badly the current white male messes up.

I like as individuals all three. I am more afraid of war and terrorism than I am of poverty. I'm used to being poor, but I'm also used to being alive. As far as the issues go, I know what I want, but I sure don't know how to get it. After war and terrorism, I'm mostly concerned about health care.

I knew months ago exactly who to vote for, who beyond any comparison would make the best president. And if he will give us another chance in 4 years, I hope he runs again and wins.       Jan

6 comments:

  1. Yeah, I don\'t know enough to be political, and I don\'t mind hearing other people\'s opinions. And I hope you are right about Hillary. I do think she\'d be better than Obama, but I\'m not comfortable with any of them. How hard is it to move to Canada??    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  2. President McCain...  go get em.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ditto, Jan, I don\'t know enough to comment other than whoever gets this job this time has a mess on their hands.  I will tell you I vote the man/woman not Democratic or Republican. Party means nothing to me which may sound dumb to lot of folks, but I always go for the person not party. Ok too much said, Take care and have a wonderful week dear Jan. Hugs.Pat

    ReplyDelete
  4. I\'m not going to voice by opinion except that i agree this election is a mess! I hope you are having a great Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is my daughter\'s first presidential election....and she\'s very disappointed that there\'s not a candidate that she can really get behind.    when she was 15/16, she worked at a local campaign office and TOTALLY loved the excitement of it all.  
     
    i agree, the candidate that i was behind also dropped out and so, before november, i\'ll have to do some major reading on whoever\'s left.  not fun.....not fun at all.

    ReplyDelete