Monday

Yummmmm

I had a great holiday. Missed my kids, but talked with them all, and they're doing so well, it makes me happy. Got to see my cousins and aunt on Saturday. There were 19? of us. We had: Turkey, ham, dressing, cranberry sauce, cranberry & fruit crisp, gravy, green beans, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, corn, cabbage, cole slaw, fried apples, rolls, 4 kinds of pie, 2 kinds of cake. Most of the veggies were canned out of the garden from last summer. I cannot believe how much I ate. That girl can cook! That girl is in her 80's and I can never keep up with her. She still mows her yard, paints her house, and gardens.

At home on Thursday, I made turkey, ham, dressing, gravy, glazed sweet potatoes, cranberry sauce (I admit it, it was canned), 2 pies, green bean casserole, and rolls.

I've eaten turkey and sweet potatoes every day since Thursday, and I'm not tired of either. But I did have pizza tonight. lol.

When I was a kid staying at my aunt's or my grandma's, breakfast consisted of the whole family at the table, with eggs, oatmeal, biscuits, gravy, sausage, and one or more of: fried chicken, pork chops, or bacon. At home, it was Corn Flakes. lol. A big difference in having a stay at home aunt and grandma, and a working mom. As soon as breakfast was cleared away, my aunt started on lunch, another big, hot meal. Evenings were light, usually leftovers from lunch.      mmmmmmmmmm

7 comments:

  1. OH FORGOT THE PUPPY!  The puppy was there! Well, she\'s almost a year old, but she\'s a black and white poodle-lhasa apso sp?? mix, so she\'s little. I\'m going to always call her a puppy. jan

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would prefer pizza over turkey anytime LOL
     
    Yeah, I love the IG\'s and Melissa Etheridge too! Hmmmmm, maybe, I dunno, ya think?  Perhaps I\'m ready for that toaster after all LOL
     
     Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your description of your aunt\'s breakfast reminds me of delivering grain by truck to farms when I was in high school, and being invited in to lunch that was like a Thanksgiving dinner to me. Hard working people and the best of kind I think.
    Hugs from Alaska

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is great to spend a day (specially devoted to "being together")  with family members and enjoy the meal (surely cooked with so much love by your aunt !).
    Have a nice day,
    Katia

    ReplyDelete
  5. All that food sounds good!  We had a great Thanksgiving, too, two dinners and lots of food.  Wish I had some of it now, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  6. sounds fantastic.....can\'t wait for christmas dinner...turkey with all the trimmings....mmm just a thought do you do turkey christmas dinner as well as thanksgiving???

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a wonderful Thanksgiving. I\'m glad you enjoyed yourself.  Thanks for stopping by and take care of you. Hugs, Pat

    ReplyDelete