Thursday

DON'T LEAVE!

I'm glad to see things have kinda sorta calmed down in Spaceland. So far, I haven't lost anything on my site, I don't know why some have and some not. What I do know, is that I like Spaces. I like it a lot. Before I started my site, I cruised all the others I could find. Nothing offered me this set of features. I wanted more than a blog, but MySpace gives me a headache, I'm on Facebook, but I have very few friends, Yahoo 360 didn't have many people around, GeoCities has those ads covering everything up, and a lot of the free web sites I found had SO many ads.

And, to be honest, there are so many out there that the average age is around 19, and I like to have friends that age, but not just that age. You know what I mean? Here, I immediately found people over 30, a lot even in their fifties and over like me, and most of all....real people. Your blogs are about real things in real life. I never feel like I have to be a certain way or do a certain thing, make x amount of money, only write about these particular subjects...etc. I'm pretty much a mess, but I'm often funny, and sometimes smart, and generally likeable...I think. And I get to be all those things and more and often much less. I don't know where I could find you - those I know and those I have yet to meet, don't know where I could safely? post family photos and write personal things. Not that safety is at all guaranteed here or anywhere else. But, hey, I live in a small town. If anyone who knows me stumbles upon this site, I'd guarantee they'd know it was me. lol.

I love the Spaces features. I love knowing what music's on your mind, and the endless number of lists we have, and the surveys we share, and your kids, jobs, hobbies, and of course - food and pets....our favs.

But, anyway, to those of you who are talking about leaving, please let me know where you're going, I'll come there to read your blog and see what you're up to! LOVE YOU ALL!    Jan

Technorati Tags: ,,,

7 comments:

  1. me no likey this. I can see everyone\'s traces and makes me feel like a voyeur. I\'m getting too old for this shizzle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can control that. Go to your windows live home page. Go to the options menu on the right, choose more options, then to notifications, then to \'what\'s new with you\'. You can set permissions for each part of your Space.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am not going to leave, but it sure isn\'t as much fun as before. It doesn\'t feel "intimate" like it did. I have meet so many truly wonderful people though that it has restored my faith in humanity...really. No, I am staying the course: we will bangage our wounds and move ahead whatever they do to us next!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hadn\'t discovered all the options yet till I read your comment. Wow that is cool, people need to learn more and customize there home page to suit them instead of complaining LOL I agree with you, spaces is still the best venue for photo blogs that I have seen, and that\'s why I started in the first place, and now it has more user options which should make us happier.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jan,For me it has nothing to do with other folks\' complaints of Windows Live (I never really understood those) but really, I seem...un-interested(?) in blogging right now.I wish everyone the best regardless and I do pop on once in a while to see whats going on so...maybe I\'ll see you around.Joel

    ReplyDelete
  6. i think most people will catch on to the changes pretty quickly and even find that they like it. i like blogspot for straight-up blogging but spaces is great for social networking.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven\'t had any problems with the new spaces layout. In fact, I like the way my "home" page shows me comments others have made or postings they have recently added without traveling all over spaceland to find out what\'s new. I\'m kind of in the same boat as Nodope Notachance, sometimes I just don\'t feel like blogging and it seems that some days there is nothing exciting worth sharing.

    ReplyDelete