Monday

Medical Question.

I have a question about health stuff. I am NOT whining, I do not mean this in any way to be a complaining type of thing here.

I don't have insurance, there is no way I can go to the doctor. I could pay the office visit, but of course there will be tests/labs stuff like that. I thought maybe somebody else has been through this and could tell me what could possibly be going on.

I have some arthritis, not terrible or anything, it's Osteoarthritis and is in some but not all of my joints. No problem, very common, I deal with that fine. But the past few weeks, I've had pain in some of my muscles. Not bad pain, but enough to make me kind of worried about it, because I've never had it before. It's in my shoulders, upper back, and neck all the time, and is in my legs part of the time. Pain that feels like a bruise, but it's not bruised or hot to the touch or anything. No redness. And pain that's usually relieved by Excedrin or Ibuprofen.

What could cause muscle pain? It's sure not physical exercise, I can tell you that. lol. It's not 'sore' muscles. I can't think of anything like the way or places I sit or sleep that are different. No changes in lifestyle. I am overweight enough to have problems, but have never had this problem.

Also, I've run a very low fever lately, didn't know it until the past few days. It's fine for hours or days, then I get a headache and achy feeling and it finally occurred to me that it felt like I had a fever, and out of the maybe 5 times I've taken it, 3 times it's been 99-100.5. That might even be very normal. I know it doesn't have to be 98.6 to be normal.

I have high blood pressure, could that have anything to do with it? I don't have diabetes or anything else. I also have some allergies this time of year as do most of the people I know. Could that have anything to do with it? I've never heard of muscle pain from anything like that, but I don't have much medical knowledge at all.

The only other thing, is...I still have pain from my October accident, where I broke 2 ribs and my breast bone. NOT bad pain, just very mild but constant pain. And it hurts more when I yawn or take a deep breath. But not bad like I'd go to the emergency room or anything like that.

This is bothering me mentally more than physically because I don't know what's going on. I've tried to find things online, but they talk about Fibromyalgia and things like that. I don't think it's anything near that serious.

Okay Docs and Moms (most moms have more medical knowledge than most docs I think...lol), whadda ya think?    Sicko Jan

5 comments:

  1. I broke my wrist a few years ago and had an operation.  Now it will bother me in damp weather sometimes.  Have you had rainy weather lately?  I can come up with no other answers.  You really should see a doctor.  Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. can\'t help you on the medical stuff - but i can sympathize with the no insurance....we lived that way for years...thankfully we have some now.  hope someone can help you out. 
     
    as far as the gopher war.....oh, I am soooooo going win...don\'t mess with my tomatoes.....it\'s gonna get U*G*L*Y ...and there will be a dead bloody gopher picture in the near future...trust me....lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fibro was the first thing that came to my mind Jan. To have such a mild constant pain like that must be annoying as heck too. ((Hugs))(I have a friend who has Fibro.. you might want to message her and ask her about her symptoms. She\'s really had a rough time with it the last month or so)  Peaceful1tou

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know nothing about Fibro, but I do know that when I get a fever I get alot of the body aches you explain including down my legs and thats what makes me realize "Hey maybe I have a fever?" Doh!  The Ibuprofin would get rid of the fever which would get rid of the body aches.  You could be fighting a little bug???  Wish I could help more.  If its been going on a long time and really is bothersome and you are worried, I would go to the doctor.  I used to be in the same boat with the insurance.  But I just went through this insurance that is for low income and I only have to pay $8.00 a month.  Which is a great relief.  Do they have something like that where you live?  Hope you feel better soon sweet!

    ReplyDelete