Sunday

Friday Movie

Pat and I went to see Nim's Island last Friday. It is so good. I dreamed of living on an island in a treehouse when I was growing up. I thought it would be the most wonderful thing. I didn't grow up on the beach, but it was only about 5 miles away. And as much time as I spent in trees, another few hours a day and I would have been living in one. So when I saw this movie, I cried for that little girl in me. I lost a lot of those dreams, and they just came flooding back with the movie.

And the grown-up me can totally relate to Jodie Foster's role as an agoraphobic writer. I fight agoraphobia at times, and sometimes it wins. But like her, I could go out to help someone. Undoubtedly. Especially a child.

Now the movie is very unrealistic, in many ways, but it's a movie, not a documentary. Kids will love it, you can take any age to this movie, it's got enough adventure to be exciting, but not anything that I think would bother even young kids. It's rated PG, but I can't think of why it's not G. I don't know anything about ratings anyway.

Here's a link:   http://www.nimsisland.com/

Technorati Tags: ,

11 comments:

  1. Oh I want to see this one too Jan! I posted the trailer awhile back. The cinematography looks wonderful in this film. And I\'m a kid at heart anyway. :)Have a great start to your week tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am looking forward to seeing this movie. I love Jodie Foster.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a fun movie to take my littles to for sure!
    I\'m so horrible on finding out what is playing right now!
    Thanks for the reference!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had to google agoraphobia but now I can sleep well tonight knowing I learned something new today. See how well that worked out?
     
    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have this new cat treehouse I bought so after reading your blog I got an idea. Sigh...didn\'t work...I couldn\'t fit on it. Yeah that\'s right I never did grow up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much for the beautiful e-card.  I made mention of it in my blog. 
    Sounds like a great movie.  Jody is one of my favorites. Didn\'t know she was agoraphobic.
    Looks like our weather is going to make a little change.  It will be in the 30\'s here on the plateau the next couple of nights.  Just when we thought it was safe to go back in the water.....
    ttfn......Millie

    ReplyDelete
  7. I always wanted to live on an island.  My friend Faye lives on one and I love it when she mentions her island.  I don\'t know if it\'s agorophobic or not, but I\'m  very reclusive and want to stay at home all the time.  I go out once or twice maybe in a month and that\'s to go to the store for something.  I don\'t like to talk on the phone, and my mind goes blank during conversations.  Weird!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So glad you enjoyed the movie.  I saw where you tagged me! LOL Anyway I hope to get to it today, Lord child I am one quirky woman!!!!  About the island thing , my sister lives on an island!! I love to go visit her and take my camper and park it on the water front.  So I know how you would enjoy this too. Take care my friend and have a great week!. Hugs, Pat

    ReplyDelete
  9. I tend to ramble and not be clear on what I try to say...I had to mention it because I KNOW you didn\'t notice...lol. ANYWAY...in the post I meant that the character Jodie plays is a writer and is agoraphobic, Jodie herself is not. As far as I know anyway. I love it when y\'all comment, and Millie thanks for the nice words and treehouse link!    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your pics!!  Now about my weed garden??  There is good green and BAD green!!   The bad is gone and I am planning on moving my dwarf fruit trees (Lime, Lemon, Tangarine and Mandarin Orange) in there! 
     
    Have a GREAT week Jan!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. i\'ll probably have to wait until it comes out on DVD  -- for whatever reason, my kids absolutely refuse to see any movie with Jodie Foster in it....I don\'t understand it, but whatever.  =D
     
    glad  you enjoyed your virtual trip to Sea World - lol.   we\'re going white water rafting in 2 weeks.  that should make for an interesting virtual trip.
     
    anyhoos...have a great week!

    ReplyDelete