Saturday

Happy Luna Moth

Hey, I caught a Luna Moth. Caught is probably not what I did. He was in front of a store on the hot concrete, not moving. I thought he was dead. I took some pictures of him, then I picked him up and he barely moved his wing. So I took him home and let him go. On the way home, I had him in a cardboard box, and he started to move a little, by the time I got home he was flapping his wings! I opened the box to let him down gently in the grass, and he flew away! He was Oh So Happy!

I'll send my photos later, but here's what he looks like:

 

Technorati Tags: ,

 

Here's a link for him:

http://www.enature.com/fieldguides/view_default.asp?curGroupID=2&source=&parkid=&fromWhere=&searchText=&allSpecies=&shapeID=977&lshapeID=0&curAbbr=&lgFromWhere=&curPageNum=1&lastView=default&lastGroup=2&lastRegion=&lastFilter=4&lastShapeName=&trackType=&curRegionID=2209&size=&habitat=&fruit=&color=&sortBy=family&viewType=default&curFamilyID=&regionSelect=Southeast&regionZIP=

4 comments:

  1. Awe! I can\'t wait to see your photos. I\'ve never seen a Luna Moth in person. They remind me of angels!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty, I count myself lucky when I see one.  Lucky you.  Thanks for sharing him. Hope you are having a good week-end. Hugs, pat

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember how I always loved those things when I was a kid. I\'ve always thought they were so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good for you!  You\'re a critter saver, too.Peace, Doc

    ReplyDelete