Saturday

Lost the Instruction Manual

  I haven't been blogging much. Going through a depression, worse than it has been in a couple of years. I know I just have to keep trying, keep doing what I have to, and it will pass. It's hard to do anything I don't have to though. Know what I mean? I don't know what else to do. I don't want to wait until it leaves, I want it gone, now. I don't understand how someone can be one person for 30 years, and then just be kind of...lost, I guess. I could understand a year or so, but I just haven't been able to pull myself together. I feel like such a failure. I think I might need to move away from this area. It probably doesn't have anything to do with it, but I haven't progressed since I've been here. My situation has gotten worse instead of better. Not sure what to do, I want to be near my kids but they are scattered in 3 different states. I'd like to be near them, in Austin or South Bend, but I do not like either of those places. Too hot, too big, too cold, too dismal. I don't know, I guess I thought it might help to write about it. Hey Spacers, where should I move? What should I do? I sure pray a lot about it. Any fortune tellers out there?

Of course there are really great things in my life too though, I don't ever forget that or take it for granted. My kids and grandkids are doing great and bring me a great deal of pleasure. My health is good and my sense of humor is there no matter what. I've never really been so depressed I didn't giggle at stuff. Go figure.

Send me life instructions, I seem to have lost my copy.      jan


Technorati Tags:

5 comments:

  1. ruuuuuuuuuun! ;) easier said than done. But that\'s the only thing that works for me. I have to run. And be in sunshine. And running also means that I\'m up early, and so to bed early. I\'ve found that the more I stay up later at night, the worse my depression can be. Not sure what THAT\'S about — but I know it of me, so early morning it is!! Everyone is different. If you\'re going to move — I\'d pick someplace that makes you comfy, and makes you smile. Pick a place where you enjoy being outside doing whatever AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE! And for sure, keep on laughing!!! :) (((((HUG)))))

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry to hear you are having such a rough time. I have suffered with depression for years so if there is anything I can do to help you, please let me know. My thoughts and prayers are with you

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate that you are feeling so depressed. I wish I had some answers for you, when I feel low, I try to keep really busy and it keeps my mind off things that are bothering me. I\'ve never been really depressed, so I\'m of little help to you. But you can write to me anytime about how you are feeling. Moving? think where it would make you happy. Take care sweetie and hang in there. Thinking of you, Hugs, Pat

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with the comments below. I\'ve been chugging along in life with a chronic major depressive disorder since my late 20\'s and have always found it to be less of a problem when I was busy - career, raising kids, hobbies, working around the house and lawn, and so on. The meds work much better when one gives them as much help in other areas as possible. Pleasant physical and mental exercise is always good, once you get started. Yes, I do know how hard that is to do. Hang in there and keep doing the good stuff.Peace, Doc

    ReplyDelete
  5. It jist so happens I have the Depressed handbook right here all worn out the pages are barely hang\'in on, like me sometimes. Let\'s see it says if ya sit and you find you think negative thoughts, like 100mph you should tell yerself enough and go for a walk of fresh air and tell yourself you CAN turn it around. You cannot rely on your kids for your happiness, oops thats chapter 4. Next it says you write down your blessings. Then bloom where your planted. Get social and and find a hobby or something you really like. You must know allot of people love you and want you to be happy. Let\'s see there\'s a worn out page about chocolate and oh yes, a sense of humor will carry you a long way and love yourself and laugh at yourself. Pamper yourself ah bit and take yourself out more and show yourself a good time. If ya need anymore I can help anytime my friend. I\'ve had that \'lost\' feeling many times and somehow I\'ve pulled myself up by the bootstraps I think because I had enough. I got mad at my self and said dang it in the mirror and told me to make me happy. Then of course laughter starts, and that\'s good.

    ReplyDelete