Thursday

SIZES

I was changing channels this morning and most of the talk shows had segments on dieting at the same time. It's hard to tell how big someone is on tv. A woman who had lost 75 pounds was a size 6, and another was a size 2. Excuse me, but that seems awfully little to me. The size 6 woman looked average, but I know in real life she would look much smaller. I'd like to be smaller, but I've never wanted to be a size 6 or less. I want a certain amount of physical substance, I was a size 9 from the time I was in the 8th grade, until a couple of years ago. End of marriage...life as I knew it... = EAT. I'd like to be a 9 again. I know how to do it, I know quite a bit about nutrition, calories, exercise, etc. But I don't know about motivation. I need to be more motivated than I am right now, that's for sure. A lot of women have distorted images of what size they really are. Most who do that think they are much larger than they are, I'm the opposite. I'm shocked all over again each time I go shopping and try something on. I think I'm much smaller than I really am. I don't get used to it, I hold a shirt up, think yep, that'll fit. Then I can't get it over my ta-tas. (Oh, I'm so glad I got to use the word ta-tas.) I can't even get the shirt down. And my back, not sure what's going on back there, I can't see it. But maybe I've developed a hunchback, or a growth the size of a third world country, because when I put on a size 12 button up shirt, which for some reason I've decided is my size, it barely will let my arms in it. It's only about 12 inches short of buttoning. They just don't make clothes like they used to. I think it's a conspiracy to sell diet products. I'm not a 'real' size 16 on top, the sizes are just different than they used to be. And my scale's wrong. And...and...and...

I can't buy a suit, or most dresses, I'm a 16 or 18 on top and still a 12 on the bottom. It's a wonder I can stand up straight. Gotta go, it's snacky time.   Jan

2 comments:

  1. Yes, I agree. It also depends on the store "style" on what size to wear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, Jan!  I\'m playing catch-up reading blogs today and as usual, you are cracking me up.  Oh yesssssssss, I see those shows on so-and-so lost 75 lbs and is now a size 6. What?? A 6?  Well, she didn\'t look like a 6 to me, but I figure somebody just changed the tags in the clothes, lol;   on the other hand, film make a person look 15+ lbs heavier, still, I don\'t go for the stick look anyway. I mean, geez, who wants a world full of little boys anyway. Bring back the curves!  Let there be hips!
    I saw where you said your marriage and life as you knew it ended, yep..same here. I\'m glad to be out of it, but daggone, I didn\'t want it to be so hard (expensive) to go to the grocery store and everywhere else. Shoot, I don\'t do anything anymore because I need to watch every penny. But, you already know how that is.
    I\'ll cya soon;  love reading your blogs :D

    ReplyDelete