Wednesday

Stuff

 

    The weather warmed up, and all of a sudden the days go from 24 hours long to 6 1/2. I need much more time. We're having a cool spring, even if it gets in the 80's, which hasn't happened much, it cools off a lot at night. Neither heat nor cold bothers me, I love to be outside.

I have been working, painting, building bird houses and feeders, helping my neighbor who had surgery and isn't able to do much right now, learning Photoshop Elements, trying to learn Dreamweaver, spending lots of time at the gym teaching Pat to swim, working in the yard, and gathering information for web sites I'm building.

I'm also in a bad mood. I have to loose some weight, and I've never dieted. I hate to not eat what I want to eat. I'm two years old all over again. I'm mad at myself that I've let myself get so out of shape. I get quite a bit of exercise, I'm on my feet most of the day, I swim and workout at the gym a couple of times a week, I just plain eat too much. I still eat like I'm 30 and twice as active, and it's not working that well for me. I feel very spoiled to have food that important, I'm trying to work on my attitude towards food as well as limiting the junk and amount. As far as 'a diet', I'm just eating healthy foods and cutting out most of the unhealthy foods. I already have basically good eating habits, I eat lots of veggies, almost no fat other than olive and canola oil, I love fruit, and try to get enough healthy protein. The problem is, I eat too much of those foods and do eat junk food sometimes. Okay Okay, Sunday mornings I have biscuits and gravy from McDonald's. Luckily, they are the only biscuits and gravy I like, otherwise, in this part of the country I'd be biggeranna barn door.  Jan

8 comments:

  1. Good luck with the dieting. I find once I start to eat healthily after a few days I don\'t crave the other junk so much. Although it sounds like you eat all the goodstuff anyway lol. Bye for now luv Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I dont do the heat.  I much more prefer the cool.  I wish you luck with the dieting.   Any habits sucks to have to break.  Why cant it be easier, eh?  Well you have a great rest of the week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, Jan, I need to lose some weight, too!  Probably 30 pounds.  I go up and down 30-40 pounds at a time, without changing my eating habits.  I\'ve always done this, and have clothes to accomodate whichever size I am.  It\'s crazy!  Last year I was a size 12, which is skinny for me, and this year I\'m a size 16.  I haven\'t seen size 9 or below since 5th grade!  I\'m built short (5\'1") and stocky with big bones, like my grandmother was.  A doctor once told me that I am of Italian heritage and no amount of dieting will stop me from being what I am.  I said, "I don\'t want to be an Italian Big Momma!"  He goes, "Well, you born one."  LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I\'m on a one-woman campaign to have all drive-thru windows shut down. That way I\'m less likely to grab crap from McDonald\'s and other places because I\'m too lazy to actually get outta the car and go in to buy. Ha! Also, just think of the gasoline/energy we\'d save not sitting in line in the car.
     
    You go, Girl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. amen to the hating the diet thing.....my solution:  i "buy" my bad stuff by walking or swimming off the calories before i eat it.  it\'s childish but i can\'t give up all my treats.   if we go out to dinner, i pay back the calorie bank the next day by eating light.   my doctor says it\'s not a diet and "it can\'t possibly work" but i\'ve lost 10 pounds in 2 months playing my calorie bank game.  good luck finding what works for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad to see you post.  I know how busy one can get this time of year.  like you I love being outside and working in my yard.  The diet thing, I should do it too, I gained 10 pounds over the winter in additon to the extra 20 I was carrying before winter started!!! LOL Maybe I can sweat if off cutting grass and you know living here in WV we have bicuits and gravy quite often. LOL  Ok, I\'ll hush, enjoy your week-end. Take Care, Pat Been to Newport News lately?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wouldn\'t recommend this to anyone, but when I got really depressed, I dropped from 195+ to under 150 without even noticing it.  I finally recognized that I might be a bit skinny when I looked at my knees and they were just blobs that held two sticks together.  My family doc told me that I was the first man of my size and age that he had ever told to gain weight.Peace, Doc

    ReplyDelete
  8. The depression thing is the opposite for me. When I feel depressed, eating feels good. It\'s a short period of time that I\'m pleased...the taste of something good in my mouth, and food in my tummy always feels good. I know I\'m supposed to find Other sources of pleasure, but food is there, it\'s cheap, and it\'s usually within seconds of being in my chubby little hands...I wonder if I lived alone, if I\'d only have healthy things around so I couldn\'t snack so easily. Probaby not.

    ReplyDelete