Sunday

Saving Photos

I've been working on a photo project. I'm trying to get my photos into a digital format. I'm putting them on my computer, and backing them up on Picasa and on DVDs. This sounds so easy. It is extremely time-consuming. And you know what? There are so many pictures that I'm thinking...why am I saving this? I've always kept every photo, and at the time it seemed like a good idea. I have so many that are either not relevant to anything or anybody I know, or there're 29 shots of a birthday cake, whose I don't remember. Do I need 29 shots of a birthday cake? If it were the Queen of England's, I still don't think I'd need 29 photos of it.Would I dare throw a photograph away? Do you? Is it okay? Will the photosaving police come get me? Really? Will they take me for ice cream? Oh, got carried away. I have limited space where I live, in my little room, and I have 3 ginormic storage containers of photos.And I don't want to say anything about the organizational system I use with them. lol.     jan 

9 comments:

  1. All I can say is TG for digital cameras now. lol I have my old pictures (before the digital age) still in boxes, still in the walmart thing they came in when I got them developed! I always said I would take up scrapbooking and throw away the photos I didn\'t really need but did I? Nope. I don\'t think I\'ve ever taken 29 photos of a birthday cake tho! lol I\'m usually the one at the party taking one shot while everyone else is taking it from 15 diff. angles. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Editing is fine....if they are ok photos you don\'t mind sharing and you know someone who would enjoy them, why not send the pix to them?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jan, it\'s OKAY to throw bad photos away. Take a deep breath...TOSS IT FAST!!! Walk awaaaaaaaay from the trash can...........

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you should keep them all, get prints (double) made of all, and backup on a separate hard drive and on DVD, just in case.  The only thing this might accomplish is making me feel less guilt over the amount of pictures I haven\'t culled yet.  Good luck.Peace, Doc

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh I only have one photo of me when i was younger (3yrs) but now I\'ve got thousands of my boys lol I can\'t seem to throw any out....it\'ll be like throwing my boys away....I do get rid of the out of focus one though xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Jan!  I need to go through all my photos and clean out, get them on CD\'s, and throw away a bunch!  I know what you mean, and I always got duplicates, so I\'ve two of all them!  I have an antique trunk, full to the top of pictures.  Sigh!  I\'ll tackle them...one of these days....

    ReplyDelete
  7. All of my photos are in boxes, in the Wal Mart envelope....some duplicates, some not.  Ughhhh.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I\'m still stuck on 35mm cameras. I wish you could give me a lesson on digital. Do you hire yourself out?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Do you have pictures of trees, mountains, tower sites, and of course I don\'t remember where I even took those pictures!!! LOL  Ok, I will do it if you do get rid of the non essential photos???? Just can\'t seem to do it why??? Anyway honey just kidding save what you want they are you photos and should you throw one or two away, so be it.  Take care, Pat

    ReplyDelete