Monday

PAINTING

Okay, it's been a little longer than I thought. I've had tons of painting work, people getting ready for winter/holidays, and some jobs have come from people who are remodeling instead of moving.Then I've had leftover paint, so I decided to paint some of this house...why why why does it take 5X as long to paint the place you live? Okay, I know the answer...I paint "around" things, over things, no organization,whereas someone else's place is empty or at least everything's moved out of the way, and dropcloths EVERYWHERE. I love to paint, but I'm sick of it right now. Enough. I have paint spots on me that I could have sworn I got off, I think they're coming through my pores. I had the ummm interesting experience of painting with a lower price Glidden paint the other day. (I'm a Behr baby!). It was only 13 bucks a gallon. Five coats later, it may have been the most expensive paint I've used. A whole gallon for a small hall. Satin finish, beautiful color, but it doesn't cover...it's like it's transparent. And it feels "slimy". I know that sounds weird, but it does. It feels slimy rolling or brushing it on. It's a lot cheaper to buy a 25-30 dollar a gallon paint.   Jan

4 comments:

  1. glad to know you\'ve been keeping busy and haven\'t just deserted the blogging world.  =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jan! Good to hear from you again! Sounds like painting has taken you over for awhile. Keep us updated on what\'s going on in your life. We miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jan!!  It takes 5x\'s longer to paint your own house cause you get distracted and start to do other things that need to be done.  Plus, its your house.  You dont have a time limit like a job.  At least thats MY opinion. Have a good week.  Oh and you have some paint on your nose.....

    ReplyDelete