Thursday

McCain nope Obama nope

Voting time is almost here. It's the first time I ever felt like I couldn't vote because I had no one to vote for. I wonder how many people are thinking this way. I disagree with McCain on pretty much all the issues he talks about. Obama has a history of making very poor, and potentially very dangerous decisions. And he has no experience that can help him face what's ahead. On the surface I come closer to agreeing with a lot of what he says, but what someone 'says' during campaigning is superficial and to me doesn't mean much at all. What someone has done and proven in the past does mean a lot to me. I know people who are voting for Obama because they keep saying we need a change. Don't they get that change is not always better? I want a change too, but I want a change for the better. A lot of years I feel like I'm voting for who I think is the best out of two great men. Not this year. But hey, I'm just jan the painter.   jan

5 comments:

  1. very well said!  And even Jan the Painter\'s opinion is valuable. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Jan the painter" for president!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jan,
     
    There are still 11 days left....hopefully, you\'ll see or hear something from these two candidates and change your mind.  I know it is tough because  they are not 100% representative of what we believe in.  As I told my husband, there are only two to choose from and they are not perfect but I\'ll pick the one who best represent my values, hopes, and dreams for a better future for myself and my family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, well ... seems politics are the same everywhere ... and you only have to chose between two persons ... In Belgium ... I never remember how many people we have to vote for (voting is compulsary in Belgium) ... and then one year after the elections ... well they still have not formed a "real" government" and they still go on arguing about lots of "nonsense" without dealing with issues that more and more people are confronted with : inflation !!!
     
    Have a nice day,
    Katia

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree about the often superficial differences debated before the election.  As for what any president might do, one has to look at who he/she will choose as their cabinet and advisors.  No single person can suddenly acquire the ability to run a country of over 300 million people.  I look at the candidates\' personalities to try to determine how they might respond in an emergency and assume that they will have people knowledgeable in the area to advise and assist.Peace, Doc

    ReplyDelete